Haven at JFS provides counseling and support for people of all faiths and backgrounds who are dealing with loss of a loved one and struggling with major life transitions. We recognize that grief is a natural and normal process and that each person copes in an individualized and unique way. Haven at JfS' professional social workers and counselors ensure that people are not alone in their grief.
Grief, Loss and Life Transitions
- Individual bereavement counseling
- Couples and family counseling
- Professionally facilitated support groups
- Services for bereaved children, adolescents, adults and seniors
Spouse/Partner Bereavement Group
We provide peer support groups for individuals who have experienced the death of a spouse, partner or significant other. Groups meet weekly for six weeks and are facilitated by professionally trained grief counselors and peers.
- Education on the grieving process—the physical, emotional, psychological, social and spiritual components
- Understanding of your unique response to loss
- Support from peers who have shared similar losses
Haven at JFS are available to present to a wide range of community and faith-based agencies, including religious organizations, Employee Assistance Programs and neighborhood groups. Topics may include:
- General information about grief and loss
- Anticipated versus sudden loss
- Dealing with change and transition
- Ambiguous or disenfranchised grief
- Coping with grief during the holidays
- Helping community through tragedy
How Do I Get
Call us and we will respond quickly and listen to your unique needs at this difficult time in your life. We will then match you with a professional counselor or support group: 518-370-1666.